Script Editor future (was Open Source Kickstarter Report Card)

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 00:00:42 EDT 2015

On Saturday, August 22, 2015, RunRevPlanet <feed at smpcsupport.com> wrote:

> the problem with this approach is that you need to find a single editor
> that
> runs on Linux, OS X Windows.

vi, of course . . .

If you want to use that heretical emacs contraption, you'll get performance
almost as bad as the current IDE.

For crying out loud, I'd go for ed or similar if I could have
response times In tenth of seconds rather than full seconds (there is not a
circumstance in which it is reasonable that the IDE take a noticeable
fraction of a second to respond, yet a "good" time is closer to 2s than 1s
. . .  And 3s is not rare)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462