UTF8 encoding error in moving data from SQLite to Postgres?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:29:17 EDT 2015

I am getting the error

revdberr,ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xca 0x27

I think this is coming because I pasted data from a web browser into live
code, which in turn put it into the memory SQLite db, and then choked with
another command copying that data to Postgres.

I'm not sure where to start.  Obviously, I need to filter something,
somewhere.  But where should filtering be happening?

There is not a circumstance in which this application would ever need
foreign character sets; plain old 7 bit ascii would be fine (except for the
part about it coming in from somewhere else . . .))

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462