Autosave

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 15:40:07 EDT 2015

On 19/08/15 23:03, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>> Why does this script NOT work in a small stack?
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>     palette stack "AUTOSAVE"
>>     put the short name of the topStack into TSTAK
>>     put TSTAK & " / " &  the time & " / " & the date into TSTAKN
>>     put TSTAKN into fld "TSTAKN"
>>     save the topstack as TSTAKN
>> end mouseUp
>
> Does it work on a large stack?

By "small stack' I meant that that script is contained in a button on a
palettised stack, and is meant to save another stack.
It does put the data into the fld "TSTAKN" but does NOT save the top stack.

The idea is to convert this code into the cardStack of a palette with a
time interval so it serves as a version saver.

But any sort of script to save a stack under a different name seems
problematic:

save stack "HEX rotate" as "Granny goes gay"

doesn't work either.

> It might be problematic with a stack of any size since the date
> returns a value that contains "/", which is used as a path delimiter
> on OS X and Linux.
>
> What does "the result" give you after the save command?

"can't open stack file"

> If instead of changing the path of the current stack what you're
> looking to do is make a copy of it to a new location, I'd make a copy
> of the file itself and leave the in-memory stack alone.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin

Richmond.