Business Application Framework

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Aug 20 02:05:23 EDT 2015

> On 13 Aug 2015, at 9:09 pm, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> That's very true. Indeed, perhaps one could argue that GitHub needs service-hooks which allow customization of merging and diff display. That general feature there would solve the VCS problem in a natural way for a number of types of data which are needed in modern software projects.
>
> I suspect it will come in time as, to be fair, the integration abilities have increased a fair bit since we started using it in 2013; and we've used them quite extensively in our Vulcan (CI / Build System) integration so that information about PRs appear directly on the relevant PRs (and shout at you when you've made a mistake!).

Hi Mark

On this topic I was just poking around on bitbucket today and found bitbucket’s new connect platform. We could use this perhaps combined with LC html or just our own prettified views of a stackdir to do what we need for online code/UI review although I think it would require a server that maintained a clone of any repo that used the addon.

https://developer.atlassian.com/static/bitbucket/guides/introduction.html <https://developer.atlassian.com/static/bitbucket/guides/introduction.html>

Hopefully GitHub and other hosts will also roll out a similar feature. I’d be surprised if they didn’t because it looks pretty handy for integrating with all sorts of things. I still think it’s probably easier to handle code review locally but it might be worth considering if the goal is trying to make LiveCode integrate with standard developer tools rather than just getting it to work with DVCS.

Cheers

Monte