[OT] Linux 32-bit to 64-bit

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Aug 19 22:04:46 EDT 2015

On 08/19/2015 11:59 AM, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On 2015-08-19 20:52, Richmond wrote:

>> Can this be done?

Peter beat me to the answer.

> Yes, I did exactly this a few years ago (in fact, I think I went 32-bit,
> to 64-bit, to 32-bit, and back to 64-bit, bringing my /home all the way).

That's pretty scary. I don't think I'm brave/stupid enough to try that.

> P.S. I recommend making good backups first, of course.  But I'm sure you
> already have them. :-)

IIRC Richmond has /home in a separate partition already, so this should
be Mostly Harmless. But to be safe I'd make sure to have a backup of the
/home, /etc, and /opt directories because I'm paranoid.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com