Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

RunRevPlanet feed at smpcsupport.com
Wed Aug 19 18:32:30 EDT 2015

Richmond said:

 > Of course this is all about taste (meaning
 > it's all in the mouth) so it would seem best,
 > if an all-in-one IDE like the VB6 one is to
 > be introduced to have it as one of 2 options.

Single vs multi window does not matter as long as the editor is up to scratch
and I can view different panes/windows simultaneously and use the keyboard to
switch focus between them.

Ali Lloyd said:

 > As far as I'm concerned these have all
 > been strict prerequisites for any
 > genuine progress on modernisation and
 > usability improvements of the IDE.

Thank you for the update on progress and reasons for the delay.

When you outline all the reasons, the delay is understandable.

The problem, as I see it, is that until a better IDE is released the new user
just sees a poorly executed environment without basic features. The new user
does not know about the cool technology being worked on behind the scenes.

The current approach sounds so ambitious I worry. It unfortunately reminds me of
a Joel Spolsky post "Things You Should Never Do, Part I" I read many years ago.

But not knowing how much more work the LiveCode team needs to do, I will wait
patiently and hope my 2017 prediction is just pessimistic nonsense.
--
Scott McDonald
"Components, Controls, Tools and Resources for LiveCode"