Importing unicode UTF8 text files - followup

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Wed Aug 19 17:12:20 EDT 2015

On 2015-08-19 22:29, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Thanks very much. The terminal command returns 0 (and BBEdit can
> handle the file too) so it seems to be valid. I'll submit a bug
> report, I can share the file without any issues.

The following seems to work correctly:

     on importLanguage
         local tFile
         answer file "Choose the language file"
         put it into tFile
         if tFile is empty then exit to top
         open file tFile for "UTF-8" text read
         read from file tFile until EOF
         put it into tData

         -- etc.

     end importLanguage

So... I don't suppose I can persuade you to upgrade to LiveCode
Business, can I?

                                     Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>