Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Aug 19 11:35:52 EDT 2015

This kind of visual drag-and-drop programming UI has been done (and will
continue to be done) for decades, and works pretty well for simple logic.
The whole "build without writing code" concept is pretty big right now.
But visual programming becomes unwieldy and difficult to follow when logic
gets complex.  And it's unlikely that a visual interface could handle all
the options provided by the LiveCode language.  But for simple projects,
this could be useful for beginners, or when quickly building a stack.

Apple's Automator has worked this way for years now, and Audio Hijack on
OS X is another app that recently employed a visual UI:
https://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director