Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Aug 18 01:26:25 EDT 2015

On 2015-08-18 04:36, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Peter W A Wood wrote:
>
>>> On 18 Aug 2015, at 08:13, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>>
>>> What usability standards do you feel are not well reflected in the
>>> current IDE, and if Kevin made you IDE Czar tomorrow what are the
>>> first three things you'd do to fix that?
>>
>> 1. Intelligent Code Completion (like intelliSense)
>
> I keep hearing talk about that, but it's not on the Road Map and given
> the number of tasks in the queue it may be a long time before it shows
> up.

It's high up on our priority list, and we've discussed it extensively
within the team (we even have an extremely incomplete proof of concept).
  We'd really like to have it for internal use, and we know that it'll be
a big, big usability improvement for the IDE.  On the other hand, our
priority list is very long, and there's still a lot of things above it.

My *guess* is that we'll have something basic out by the end of the year
(please don't bring pitchforks and torches if I'm wrong).

                                       Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>
LiveCode Engine Development Team