Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 17 23:36:57 EDT 2015

Peter W A Wood wrote:

 >> On 18 Aug 2015, at 08:13, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> What usability standards do you feel are not well reflected in the
 >> current IDE, and if Kevin made you IDE Czar tomorrow what are the
 >> first three things you'd do to fix that?
 >
 > 1. Intelligent Code Completion (like intelliSense)

I keep hearing talk about that, but it's not on the Road Map and given
the number of tasks in the queue it may be a long time before it shows up.

I agree, though, worth pursuing.

Why can't we make that as a plugin?

 > 2. Integrated Version Control

Looks like lcVCS is a more generalized solution than what LiveCode Ltd.
is including with their Biz package, so we're on our way on that one.

 > 3. Support of Multiple targets (like Xcode)

What are "multiple targets" in an IDE?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems