Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Aug 17 14:13:16 EDT 2015

William Prothero wrote:

 > I’m not at all concerned about the BAF. Perhaps I’ve missed some
 > critical info, but comments have been made about zip and pdf support
 > perhaps not being in the indie versions. This would trouble me.

What troubles me is how hearsay like that gets started, and then how it
grows.

Zip compression is available in all LiveCode editions, and as Kevin's
said they're not going to be taking features out of editions they're
currently available in.

PDF generation is also available in all LiveCode editions.

PDF on-screen rendering is not available in any LiveCode edition, and I
don't recall seeing it on either the Kickstarter stretch goals or either
of the two emails this quarter about new proprietary-only features.

Did I miss something?

There are many great things about communities, but one drawback is that
it takes a community to play the game of "Telephone" :)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_whispers>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems