mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Aug 17 12:17:31 EDT 2015

> On Aug 15, 2015, at 8:37 AM, Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I’m an old-timer who has been away from the list for a while.
>
> I’ve run into a problem and I think it is a LiveCode problem but it might be an OS X problem or some combination.
>
> I’m using 6.7.5.
>
> Very often the hot spot is off, usually about 50-100 pixels high, for one or more windows in the IDE.  I usually notice it in the editor where it is off by 3 lines.  Almost always it is just vertical.
>
> It also happens in my stacks.
>
> This only applies to content, not the title bar or the menu along the top.
>
> I wasn’t able to find anything among the bugs.
>
> It might have been coincidence but one time it didn’t go away until I rebooted.  I was on Mavericks but now am on Yosemite and still see it.
>
> Insight?  Anybody else seen this?  Or is this old news?

Hi Dar,

I have seen this and can reproduce it reliably. On a Mac, if you have two monitors (or more I suppose), and you open a script editor window, it initially opens on the same screen as your LiveCode IDE; on the "main screen” as determined by the OS. After that I typically move the script editor window to the second monitor. I find that if the top of the script editor window is higher than the tool bar on the main screen, I get this hot spot offset problem. Once I move the window downward on the second monitor it goes away. I ought to have reported it, but I’ve gotten to where I automatically just move the window down to avoid the problem.

Does this seem to be the same thing you’re getting?

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University