Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 10:47:54 EDT 2015

On 17/08/15 17:40, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> RunRevPlanet wrote:
>
>> Thank you Richmond:
>>
>>> OH! Where is the unified IDE that was waved around
>>> during the Kickstarter thing, and doesn't seem to
>>> have come up on the 'Report Card'?
>>
>> During the Kickstarter Campaign it quite plainly says under the
>> heading of, What
>> is your money going toward?
>>
>> "We will introduce a new visual editor designed around today’s usability
>> standards."
>>
>> And then under the next heading of, Technical Summary of Kickstarter
>> Deliverables:
>>
>> "Create a new, beautiful graphical front-end for building your apps"
>>
>> Of all the goals in the Kickstarter project, this was *the* one that
>> appealed to
>> me the most.
>
> Why?

Having pointed out the new front-end I should perhaps state that I am 100%
happy with the current one, and would be extremely disappointed if a new
front-end were produced
that did not allow users to choose the previous one as an option.

The 'problem' is that that was a Kickstarter goal which has not
materialised and appears to have been
swept under the carpet.

Richmond.