Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon Aug 17 02:44:35 EDT 2015

On 2015-08-17 06:43, John Dixon wrote:
>> Fully agreed. Which is why I hope the LC Team continue to focus on
>> their Commercial Customers and provide them with features that keep
>> them coming back.
>>
>> I think I've made it obvious I feel the LC Team should be cut some
>> slack and Commercial Customers deserve a feature set beyond just
>> locked code.
>
> The Kickstarter campaign announced  a community version (open source)
> that would be the same as a commercial version (closed source) , less
> the ability to secure code ?... Why should that change ?

Nothing has changed.

The Kickstarter campaign (which was *well* before I joined the project)
announced an open source community version of LiveCode that would have
all the features that were in the commercial version **at the time of
the Kickstarter campaign**.  As far as I have been able to tell, at no
point did RunRev rule out adding new, commercial-only features in the
future.

                                  Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>