Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Mon Aug 17 02:22:10 EDT 2015

On 2015-08-17 04:30, Roger Eller wrote:
> I am surprised that anyone would expect a lot of coding help to rise
> out of
> the LC community.  Sure there are a few who have experience in the
> lower
> level languages, but my sole reason in choosing LC was for the
> English-like
> syntax.  I don't know, nor do I want to learn C or Objective C or
> anything
> else.  I started with HC, and it ends with LC for me.

One of the most important things that we are achieving with LiveCode
Builder is to make it possible to write LiveCode itself in LiveCode.

We really want to enable people who know how to program in LiveCode to
extend and improve the LiveCode engine themselves, to add the features
they need and fix the bugs that affect them.  LiveCode Builder is a key
milestone towards that goal.

                                   Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>