Get Modification Date of a Single File

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 01:38:41 EDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Brahmanathaswami <brahma at hindu.org> wrote:

> can we check the modification date of a single file?
>
> use case: mobile; get date of local file resource; ping LC server check on
> mod date of the same resource, if latter is younger, then fetch it
>
> Sorry, can't help with mobile but for server can't you just run a shell
script: ls -lT <path to file>

 on my machine the output looks like this - which includes the modification
date:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 kcl  staff  8192 30 Dec 08:02:29 2014 /Users/kcl
/Documents/test.txt

'ls' (ell ess) is the standard shell List command which doesn't have to be
a directory but can be a single file. The options, a lower case letter ell,
followed by a capital tee. There may be better options which produce a
better date format that requires less parsing by LC to get something useful
to work with.

HTH