mouse pointer hot spot is way off

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 12:45:59 EDT 2015

makes me wonder.. There are several ways the cursor can change shape while
in use. I wonder if the ball gets dropped somewhere along the way.  I've
seen my cursor get stuck occasionally in the "pane resize" mode, though I
can't reliably reproduce it. When this occurs its nearly always in the
editor. (mainly because the editor has panes to resize?)

It might not hurt to set the mousecursor to something else, then revert it
to standard and see if the problem resolves. If it does, at least its a
piece of information.  (The hotspot for a cursor would change based on
cursor shape, and if the hotspot doesn't update on change for some reason,
that would account for the issue)