Open Source Kickstarter Report Card

tbodine bodine at bodinetraininggames.com
Sat Aug 15 10:08:00 EDT 2015

Peter W A Wood wrote
> Reworked Multimedia Support
> 	New Player					Completed on OS X. Windows/Linux ???
>
> I’d appreciate if somebody could let me know the status of the items about
> which I’m unclear and any mistakes I have made.

Hi Peter.

Thanks for the report card summary. I was told by LiveCode support recently
that the "New Player for Windows" will be in a LC 8 release.

<rant>
I don't understand why replacing QT on Windows doesn't get the same priority
given to multimedia on the Mac when Apple replaced QT with AV Foundations.
(The problem has been festering for years. Here's just one example from
2013:  http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16367
<http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16367>  )
</rant>
Thanks,