iCalendar [.ics file] Open Source Lib for LiveCode

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Aug 15 03:55:44 EDT 2015

Yes, vObjectLib is great, has many functions that help with reading and
correctly writing .ics files.
I wish I had remembered vObjectLib and based my library on top of it :-(

(btw - it is still publicly available at http://fon.nu/vobjectlib
<http://www.super-resume.com/Index$SetST.jtp?p=1>unless there was a
later version anywhere else)

However, vObjectLib has very little to help with correctly interpreting
.ics files - so if you need to deal with
  - multiple time zones
  - the variety of ways that time zone settings or time zone info can be
represented
  - recurring events
  - multi-day events (even from 11pm until 2am counts as multi-day)
  - lots of other oddities
then you have to do that yourself.

-- Alex.