iCalendar [.ics file] Open Source Lib for LiveCode

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Aug 14 22:36:24 EDT 2015

Andre had some amazing libs for this

it was not iCal specific but broader  "vObjectLib" he called it...

with that you could roll your own functions easily for iCal..
I use to use it a lot and plan to use it again in a future mobile app.

snippets from my old code

    # Create a new entry
       put tDate into tEntrydate
       put  GetvObjectPropertyValue(tEvent, "Summary") into tSummary
       put  GetvObjectPropertyValue(tEvent, "Description") into
tRawDescription

       put  crunchDescription(tRawDescription) into tDescription

     else
     # date has not changed so we just pile up the events we want
              put ", " & GetvObjectPropertyValue(tEvent, "Summary")
after tExtraEvents
         next repeat

If anyone is interested I can ask him if I can release it...
it was really robust and pretty bug free...the stack script has over 250
vCard functions, including a lot of iCal stuff.

still works... .ics format has not changed much for years.

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery
www.HimalayanAcademy.com