Business Application Framework

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Aug 14 18:20:44 EDT 2015

> On 15 Aug 2015, at 8:11 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> Why not a bundled plugin?  There's good precedent with LC shipping with third-party plugins bundled, and that makes it instantly available to the widest audience while still managing expectations in terms of support.

That would be possible too, all options are open.

> In terms of the remaining work, would it be helpful if you had one or two other people to lend a hand with that?

In terms of lcVCS itself there is no remaining work I’m aware of until we get to LC 8 support. For LC 8 I need to know which widgets are loaded and the properties of widgets so I can save them. The properties property on a widget is empty and that’s what lcVCS uses for legacy objects. It’s possible to hack the IDE to get this info but I’m reluctant to do that.

In terms of the CLI and git ide integration plugin that could do with some more work (a lot more if we decide a full pull review workflow should be integrated into it but I guess we don’t need to do that just yet). From memory there were some issues Trevor had with so he decided not to use it… I can’t remember if I resolved all of those.