Downloaded stacks on iOS

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Aug 14 17:59:42 EDT 2015

Interesting find in my morning reading:

This little startup is solving one of the biggest frustrations with
Apple's App Store
<http://www.businessinsider.com/apphubio-solves-apple-app-store-review-process-2015-8>

What his AppHub service does is the equivalent of LiveCode developers
handling updates via downloaded stack files.

Historically many in our community have avoided that practice on iOS
given Apple's strict rules, but this article describes those rules as
"ambiguous", and thus far Apple hasn't shut down any apps using the
AppHub mechanism (though that may be because there are so few at the
moment).

Being able to handle our own updates without app store delays is very
exciting - anyone here have any relevant experience with Apple which
would help us appreciate whether downloaded stack files is a good thing
to build one's architecture around, or if Apple is likely to just snuff
out AppHub?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems