Business Application Framework

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Fri Aug 14 14:47:33 EDT 2015

This conversation (about version control for LS projects worked on by teams, not really about BAF at all at this point) is beginning to go over my head. Long ago I worked in enormous projects (not far off 100 people) without comprehensive version control, and I guess we did something like Brahmanathaswami is describing here… frankly I think one has to be scared of systems which require command-line gnomes to operate them; likewise one has to be scared of team-support systems that don’t have some form of regression-testing and integration framework available as well as pure version control.

To me the ideal is a system which can be explained to a team in an hour and which everyone can then stick to. My (fractured) reading of this conversation gives me the idea that we are approaching Gnome-ville, where really nothing can be explained in an hour.

I suppose this semi-rant is a plea to keep us less nerdy folk in the loop by explaining all the concepts of LC-working-in-a-version-controlled-context in a non-jargon-filled way. Any takers?

Graham

PS Just going back to the BAF, where does object-oriented programming come in, and what does it do to the current model in which LC operates? I think that’s another thread: it’s certainly another source of confusion.