lcVCS in the LC Forums

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Fri Aug 14 00:24:18 EDT 2015

> I'd also be happy to throw money into this endeavor (Monte - reach out to me and let's talk), but…

Thanks Mark

> 1. I really think this needs to be integrated as an out-of-the-box experience into the IDE's menu, and not as a third-party add-on. Even as a plugin, it needs to be officially sanctioned by the mothership or it won't have any traction out in the real world. There is no development tool I use today that doesn't have git (and github) integration built in to an IDE and/or doesn't use a textfile format for all files so that git archives everything effortlessly.

I think that would be good and to be honest I don’t care if it’s my stuff or someone else’s as long as we get something functional.

> 2. If this continues to be developed as a third-party plugin and there's a parallel effort to develop version control by the team, then this whole thing is counter-productive, no matter how good the end product turns out to be.

There wasn’t a parallel effort. They wanted the import/export in the engine which was fair enough so I’ve only done minor maintenance since then with the plan that once released I’d redo my IDE integration to work with the new format.