mySQL: PHP or direct access?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Aug 13 17:44:10 EDT 2015

I agree that SQL doesn't have much in the way of data sanitizing but
Livecode does.  I also agree that there must be a good reason why most of
the world uses server side scripting, just trying to understand exactly
what that is.

I've been under the impression that if I use the variableslist parameter
available with the revDatabasexxx calls, I'm protected from SQL injection
attacks.  Even more so if I open the database connection using SSL. The
proverbial lightbulb will start to come on if that impression is wrong!