mySQL: PHP or direct access?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Aug 13 17:05:50 EDT 2015

Thanks BIll.  I understand about the tokenization but Livecode can already
do that within a direct connection without a server side script and, at
least for mySQL, can open a direct connection using SSL.

It still seems to me that, once security matters are dealt with, the choice
of server side script versus direct connection is more a matter of
preferred application architecture more than anything else.

My simplistic approach has always to use Livecode to get something done if
it's possible for Livecode to do it and it's acceptably efficient, so just
trying to resolve why I would spend time to learn php and write and debug
 a bunch of php scripts when it feels like Livecode would work just fine.