Business Application Framework

Terence Heaford t.heaford at icloud.com
Thu Aug 13 06:35:31 EDT 2015

> On 13 Aug 2015, at 09:39, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> As an open source user, why would you even consider the proprietary license?

Because if LC Open Source is limited in some way there may be something available in the paid product I would like to incorporate in an Open Source stack but cannot because it is has been crippled.

As has been suggested by LC maybe I could implement it myself but as suggested it seems some have been naive in thinking that LC will keep feature parity between the Open Source and Paid versions.

It has also been suggested that if it had not been for those that supported the Open Source version then the Paid version would no longer exist and there would be no Business Application Framework.

The conclusion could be that it’s the Business User who is benefiting from the contributions of the Open Source backer and it’s the Open Source backer who is going to be penalised now and in the future.

All the best

Terry