Business Application Framework

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Aug 13 05:54:10 EDT 2015

> On 13 Aug 2015, at 5:48 pm, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> wrote:
>
> This is where UUID based on-disk formats fail - given a PR and its patch it is exceptionally difficult to work out in which objects the changes are being made. Given that LiveCode allows (and indeeds encourages you!) to spread code out at various levels and in various objects - this is a killer.

I’m not convinced it’s a killer. I just think it needs some special tools. It really wouldn’t be that hard to build a third party code review web app that integrated with GitHub via service hooks. Such a beast would know the export stack file format and present the objects in the same way the project browser does with visual representations etc.

Having said that I would still recommend putting as much code as possible in scriptified stacks.

Cheers

Monte