[YO EDINBURGH!] Microsoft Open-Sources It's Toolkit For Making iOS Apps Run On Win 10

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Aug 12 19:12:03 EDT 2015

> On 13 Aug 2015, at 5:08 am, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> To put it into perspective, half of all iOS revenues go to only the top 100 developers, and the majority of those apps are available on both platforms.  The top 1,000 developers consumer most of the app store revenue, with the other million+ dividing the rest for an income that ranges from below minimum wage to zero.  Depending on which reports you read, somewhere between 15% and 30% of apps in the iOS app store have never been downloaded at all.  In brief, hardly worth bickering about.

I think there’s more to this issue than just the app store revenue. I’d be interested to see the stats but my gut feeling is Apple devices are far more commonly deployed by businesses for in house apps. When I got on a plane the other day every seat had an iPad mini etc… lots of stories like that we could all tell...