Business Application Framework

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Wed Aug 12 16:52:07 EDT 2015

Monte said himself that he was going to stop improving it in major ways as
he expected Livecode Community to have native git support that Livecode
Community's steward company was working on.

Many of us thought this feature was probably a WHEN and not and IF. Sure it
wasn't in the open source roadmap but most of us assumed that the features
available in the open source version didn't STOP at the roadmap's end.
These decisions increasingly seem to indicate that the alarmist rhetoric
surrounding the possibility of a nerfed/restricted community version wasn't
so much alarmist rhetoric as actual concerns that we are starting to see
manifest here. I feel like this is a programming version of a "free to
play" game. Sure it's free but if you want do anything "serious" with it
you are going to have to grind like crazy or pay a premium in the form of
in-game tokens. There is a reason those kind of games are both generating
tons of income for those hooked by it while simultaneously being reviled at
large.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 3:36 PM Paul Richards <paul at smarttsoftware.co.uk>
wrote:

> Can be found here :-)  https://github.com/montegoulding/lcVCS