Set Variable or CustomProperty Names with and expression

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Aug 12 09:54:02 EDT 2015

This is a classic case of a line of code needing and extra level of evaluation. Goes back to 1987.

So, arrays notwithstanding, which "parse" sections of code intrinsically, you could:

   repeat for each item y in tCategories
         do "if item 6 of" && x && "contains" && y && "then put" && x && "&" && cr & "| after" && t & y & "set"
   end repeat

or:

 repeat for each item y in tCategories
         get ("t" & y & "set")
         if item 6 of x contains y then put x & cr & "|" after it
  end repeat

Which way is a matter of style.

Craig Newman