[YO EDINBURGH!] Microsoft Open-Sources It's Toolkit For Making iOS Apps Run On Win 10

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Mon Aug 10 13:13:00 EDT 2015

> On Aug 10, 2015, at 10:00 AM, Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com> wrote:
>
> I wouldn't know.  Why?  Because I chose LiveCode (actually MetaCard)
> because my code could be written only once, and it worked the same on Mac,
> Win, and Irix at that time.  Sure there were always shell calls once in a
> while, but overall, the original designers of the language put in some real
> effort to make it that way, and I truly appreciate all the work that went
> into making it so seamless.

I appreciate your desire for a fully unified experience. Keep in mind, technology has changed a lot since MetaCard. And, features have improve and become more complex since MetaCard. It is one thing to write data to a file using a unified method for all platforms. It is another to address mobile specific features between each OS with varying levels of sophistication. Even Apple uses a different/modified OS between all its hardware line.

Where equality breaks in LiveCode, it seems reasonable to me. It looks like this will only continue until the various OS and hardware manufactures get together and unify what is available on each system. Desktops will be the last ones to get GPS and accelerometer support. Not holding my breath on that.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com

CassiaDB: The easy to use, free local storage database made for LiveCode Developers: livecloud.io