[YO EDINBURGH!] Microsoft Open-Sources It's Toolkit For Making iOS Apps Run On Win 10

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Aug 9 19:54:51 EDT 2015

> On 8 Aug 2015, at 1:09 am, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com> wrote:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-open-sources-its-ios-toolkit-for-building-windows-10-apps/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61 <http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-open-sources-its-ios-toolkit-for-building-windows-10-apps/?tag=nl.e539&s_cid=e539&ttag=e539&ftag=TRE17cfd61>

This may be interesting for cross compiling some of my externals. It looks like they plan to support MapKit and iAd at least. It seems it won’t be long before without a great deal of trouble you can implement a native app for your most critical platform and then build it for the others using these bridges. I’m not sure if Apple will bother building bridges in the other direction though… probably a bit worrying for LiveCode as it leaves its main USP to be a verbose language…

The main thing I’m hoping is someone implements Xcode support for the bridge so we can cross compile for Windows from Xcode like Cocotron.

Cheers

Monte