[OT-ish] naming a MeetUp group

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun Aug 9 10:21:36 EDT 2015

I set up a meet-up group page in Toronto

http://www.meetup.com/Greater-Toronto-Area-LiveCode-Users-Group/members/

I was hoping to specifically focus on LiveCode so included that in the name.

You also set a headline for the group.  I used the following to hilite the
multi platform capabilities.

"LiveCode: write once, deploy on iOS, Android, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux,
Server"

I think if you are trying to appeal to new programmers they may not know
that 'High level' means.  It may actually sound more difficult,  i.e. you
are working at a high level.

Maybe in the group headline you can explain that high level languages are
easier to use.

"Coding doesn't need to be scary, high level languages have all of the power
to do what you want done with less of the complexity. If you have an idea
for an app and want to get started right away join this meet-up.

I am not sure how much of that will fit in the headline.

With the Toronto LiveCode meet up group members keep joining, it is up to 35
now.  However I have not had much luck getting people to come out to a meet
up.

Martin