Extracting a reference to a stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 8 19:59:49 EDT 2015

Thierry Douez wrote:

 >> Yep - and being a lazy person this is how I get the stack reference:
 >>
 >> function ObjectStack pObj
 >>    return char (offset(" of stack ", pObj)+4) to -1 of pObj
 >> end ObjectStack
 >
 > Not always beneficial to be lazy :)
 >
 > I tried your code with the long ID I gave previously
 > without success.

Which one?

I found this one in a message from you earlier today:
    --            button id 1003 of card id 1002 of stack "stack 2"
    --            of stack "/Users/t/Desktop/stack.livecode"
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2015-August/217108.html>

When I pass that to the function shown above I get:

   stack "stack 2" of stack "/Users/t/Desktop/stack.livecode"

What did you get?

Or was there another object long ID in this thread I'd missed?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems