[OT-ish] naming a MeetUp group

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 8 19:39:20 EDT 2015

Colin Holgate wrote:
 > Can you say something about the costs of running a Meetup group?

It's not cheap but affordable, and worth every penny.   Meetup.com has
become the go-to place folks use the most when looking for events like
yours.

In our Linux group we took up a collection among members and got enough
in one meeting to cover the costs for two years.

 > The point is to give the non-coders some hope.

You may enjoy this:

Steve Blank: Why Founders Should Learn How To Code
Coding, he says, is the backbone of any mobile startup
<http://www.inc.com/steve-blank/founders-should-know-how-to-code.html>

LiveCode is the perfect answer for everything that article describes,
allowing people with domain expertise to put that knowledge into action.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems