Emulate thumb drag on desktop

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 19:14:30 EDT 2015

To do it with this method, the traversal of the field needs to be off.
(though this can probably be worked around)

Put this script into the field.

local sMouseLoc
on mouseDown
   put the mouseloc into sMouseLoc
   setScroll
end mouseDown

on setScroll
   if the mouse is down then
      lock screen
      if item 1 of sMouseLoc > item 1 of the mouseloc then
         set the hscroll of me to the hscroll of me - (item 1 of the
mouseloc - item 1 of sMouseLoc)
      else
         set the hscroll of me to the hscroll of me + (item 1 of sMouseLoc
- item 1 of the mouseloc)

      end if

      if item 2 of sMouseLoc > item 2 of the mouseloc then
         set the vscroll of me to the vscroll of me - (item 2 of the
mouseloc - item 2 of sMouseLoc)
      else
         set the vscroll of me to the vscroll of me + (item 2 of sMouseLoc
- item 2 of the mouseloc)

      end if
      put the mouseloc into sMouseLoc
      send setScroll to me in 50 millisec