Sample Android Scroller?

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Tue Aug 4 14:27:13 EDT 2015

> On Aug 4, 2015, at 10:52 AM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, the list uses a native scroller.  As a test, I tried downloading a recent scroller sample posted in the forums (which was most likely done for iOS) and ran into the same poor performance.  I'm hoping I'm just missing something, but than other than setting the layerMode of group to scrolling and enabling acceleratedRendering, I'm not sure what else I can try.

Hi Scott,

My experience with scrolling on Android has been the same as yours. We tested on a Nexus 7. Nice device that runs 3D games with ease. 2D games are amazing as well. I chalked it up to LC needing some optimization for this platform.

For anyone wanting to see our code, you can download the whole mobile app here:  http://livecloud.io/live-events-source/ <http://livecloud.io/live-events-source/>
If we can get the performance up to what is available on iOS, that would be fantastic.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com <http://canelasoftware.com/>

CassiaDB: The easy to use, free local storage database made for LiveCode Developers: livecloud.io <http://www.livecloud.io/>