Active Directory...

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sun Aug 2 12:16:36 EDT 2015

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Malte Brill <revolution at derbrill.de> wrote:

> I need some help (again). Has anybody of you written something to read the
> active directory info under Win? I would need info on the user(s) and which
> groups they are in. Request is to have a log in system based on active
> directory entries. I am totally newbie when it comes to AD, so any help
> would be much appreciated.

Malte,

I dug up some old code that I used years ago and created a gist. Here is
the link:

https://gist.github.com/trevordevore/9ff3ac35bd6a2eef2f3d

I used this code to check if a user could log into my software. It was a
custom property and wherever you see [[..]] then it is a variable that I
replaced. Here is what the code looks like:

##############
put the uActiveServerLoginVBScript of me into theScript
replace "[[Domain]]" with theConfigA["settings"]["credential provider
domain"] in theScript -- "directory.something.corp:389"
replace "[[Query]]" with theConfigA["settings"]["credential provider
query"] in theScript -- "ou=Users,dc=something,dc=corp"
replace "[[Username]]" with pProjectA["credentials"]["login"] in theScript
replace "[[Password]]" with
wgdb_decryptString(pProjectA["credentials"]["password"]) in theScript
replace "[[UserKey]]" with theConfigA["settings"]["credential provider user
query key"] in theScript
do theScript as "vbscript"
if the result begins with "error," then put item 2 to -1 of the result into
theError
else
put the result into theADUserInfo ## last name, first name & cr & group &
tab & group ...
--                     CN=<value>,OU=Groups,DC=<company>,DC=corp
end if

Hopefully this will provide some sort of starting point.

--
Trevor DeVore
ScreenSteps