On-Rev server Pancake problems - old backup restored?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 30 23:27:55 EDT 2015

It's a fun article, but somewhat unfair to all the other HDD
manufacturers.  BackBlaze puts their drives through a level of use far
beyond what just about any home user will ever need, so seeing shorter
MTTF for Seagate doesn't make me not want a Barracuda.

TechReport recently ran a stress test on SSDs, and like BackBlaze's HDD
tests all units performed beyond specs:

<http://techreport.com/review/27909/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-theyre-all-dead>

Never hurts to buy the best, but for most of us second-best, or
even-third best, is probably going to serve us well - unless we're
running a server farm, then I'd stick with Hitachi. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems