Release 6.7.5 RC 1 / 7.0.5 RC 1

Chris Sheffield cs_livecode at icloud.com
Thu Apr 30 14:32:21 EDT 2015

I want to try out the new font mapping feature for iOS, but I’m a little confused. Wondering if someone has played with it yet and can offer a few pointers, or maybe someone from LiveCode can, if no one else does. :-)

First, how do we determine the PostScript names of fonts? The Release Notes say to reference Font Book, but I’m not sure that always shows PostScript names. For example, in one app I have a field that uses the font Helvetica Neue Condensed Bold. This is the name exactly as it appears in Font Book. However, in my stack, the font name is specified as “HelveticaNeue-CondensedBold”, and this works on the device. So which one is the PostScript name? And which one should I specify in the property inspector and the name of the font? Maybe what would make this easier is if we could see a sample font map file.

Second, in the font mapping file, should the font names be enclosed in quotes?

Third, is the font mapping case sensitive? I’m assuming so, since iOS is case sensitive, but want to make sure. So in my font map file, would I need to use "Helvetica Neue Condensed Bold” vs. “helvetica neue condensed bold”, or would either one work fine?

Thanks,
Chris