On-Rev server Pancake problems - old backup restored?

shawnlc shawnblc at me.com
Wed Apr 29 23:39:54 EDT 2015

I have a life-time subscription to on-rev, but it's times like this that
scare the heck out of me to use it.  I use it primarily for testing.  I'm on
pancake too, and I confirm that it's been down.

I haven't looked into it, but surely the brilliant guys & gals at RunRev
could be running state of the art servers, instant notifications any time
something goes beyond a threshold, down, etc.

IMHO on-rev is treated like a hobby and they get to it when they get to it.
Come on, some of the most brilliant minds in the world sit there in
Edinburgh yet you have single server down for several hours.

I don't get it.  Even my not so brilliant self ran a 10 server hosting
business at one time and never experienced such downtime, one customer was
doing $100k a day in transactions.