struggling with player

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Sun Apr 26 17:38:17 EDT 2015

Folks:
I’m trying to make an audio player that has a background sound, then various sounds playing at specific times, with the background sound continuing. Playing both sounds at the same time works well. However, I can’t get the loudness to change and can’t get the loudness to change seamlessly when the controller from mobGUI is activated.

Details: Livecode 7.0.4
1. The "set the loudness of player “xyaz” to someIntegerValue" doesn’t seem to work. I'm running the player in loop mode. I would like the loudness to change without stopping the sound, when the user adjusts a scroller that I have. The controller changes the loudness, but not setting the property. I tried with and without a controller, and when the movie is stopped.

2. I’m using a revMOBGui scroller to adjust the volume of audio in the player object,  I’d like the have the player keep running when the volume is changed. However, when I change the volume, play stops. However, if I set the volume from the message box, nothing happens. AND, when I try to set or get the loudness value (from the message box) when I use the controller, nothing changes.

3, I would like the audio to continue when the app is not in focus. How do I do this?

What am I missing? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bill

William A. Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org/