Can livecode do this?

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Sat Apr 25 11:41:37 EDT 2015

Folks,
This seems like a natural for livecode, but I'm wondering.
I'm thinking about an app that contains a bunch of different segments of audio, each maybe a minute or more. The user chooses segments and then organizes the sequence of play. I see no problem with this. But, I would also like to be able to play another audio file as background to the sequence of audio segments.

So, can livecode play two sound files at the same time? The background would require no particular synchronization, just continuous play. The segments would need to play without pops and other artifacts.

This sounds like something Bramaswami would be doing. It also sounds like a very easy app to build, assuming that LC can play two audio files at the same time, with independently adjustable volume.

Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org