where does revsecurity.dll comes from?

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Fri Apr 24 09:47:15 EDT 2015

Hi jvb

I've been using it so long with on particular windows app that I'm not 100%
sure what will happen now without it. But I did run a test about a year ago
on a Win7 machine with that app (which connects to the internet on start-up)

With revsecurity.dll included:
On first launch of the app my UAC (User Account Control) dialog box popped
up asking if I wanted to allow my app to connect, I clicked ok and then
think my anti-virus joined the party asking if it should trust my app - both
of  these dialog boxes were small, non-alarming and easily dismissed

With revsecurity.dll NOT included:
On first launch I got a much more alarming screen from UAC, possibly
preceded by a big warning from my anti-virus - if I remember correctly I was
able to get my app to connect but I had to click through a lot more warnings
(and think I probably wouldn't have been able to authorise it if I wasn't on
an administrator account) - and I just bet I would get some or all of these
warnings repeated each time I launched the app

Dave

-----
"The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein