mobileControlDo

Ralph DiMola rdimolad at evergreeninfo.net
Thu Apr 23 22:22:20 EDT 2015

Pierre,

Nice!!!

Also being able send a message from the browser to the app would be sweet. I have a html map. When you tap on a county a pick list of options is displayed. The java reloads the page and puts the x/y location in the url parameters. The app gets the page load message and retrieves the x/y from the url and presents the appropriate pick list. The page retreat is a little tricky though. Instead of that 3 ring circus a way to send a message directly to the app from some sort of java deal would be a nice feature. I don't know if this is even possible.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

Many thanks for your helpful guidance !

Understood : mobileControlDo returns the last line of the executed javascript « as this » , so all works as expected with :

on mouseup
      -- mobileControlCreate "browser", "Browser1" inited in the preOpenStack handler --
      MobileControlDo "Browser1", "execute", fld « javascript"
      answer the result — success --
end mouseup

the « javascript » fld contents :

window.name = Number(window.name) +1;
window.name; // correct statement

OK !

While my previous mistake was to write this, instead :

window.name = Number(window.name) +1;
return window.name; // erroneous statement

KO !

Conclusion : mobileControlDo acts perfectly well to let us store and exchange persistant data between the mobile browser and LC (iOS and Android successfully tested).

Warm Regards,

Pierre

> Le 22 avr. 2015 à 17:46, Mark Waddingham <mark at livecode.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi Pierre,
>
> There is definitely code in the engine to feed the (string) result from the JS script back to 'the result' variable. I've just tried (on iOS):
>
> mobileControlDo sBrowserId, "execute", "1+1"
> answer the result
>
> For me at least, this results in an answer dialog popping up containing the value '2'.
>
> If you can't get this to work, then please do file a bug in the quality center with your example script and more details of your environment.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Mark.
>
> ---
> Mark Waddingham ~ mark at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
> LiveCode: Everyone can create apps
>
> On 2015-04-21 17:42, Pierre Sahores wrote:
>> Hi Friends,
>> I can’t find any way to get the returned value (nor as it or the
>> result) after executing the following line of code :
>> "Browser1", "execute", fld  "js1"
>> where fld « js1" acts as a simple javascript statements container.
>> Do i miss something or is the mobileControlDo command 100% unable to
>> let us use its execution result ?
>> A simple js « alert() » box display (witch works…) don’t feet my needs...
>> Thanks for any though…
>> Best,
>> --
>> Pierre Sahores