Android Intents/iOS Extensions?

Mark Wilcox mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 18:08:07 EDT 2015

> On 23 Apr 2015, at 18:43, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>
> 1. Before I dive in, does anyone here know why this wouldn't work?

Custom URLs and Intents are two different systems. The former requires the app you receive data from to know about your custom URL scheme. The same exists on both iOS and Android. Intents on the other hand, in common with the new iOS extensions, allow your app to register as a potential recipient of certain common actions.

In both cases you need something different than a URL handler to do the receiving.

I don't think Intent handling would be particularly difficult to add to the engine. Extensions on iOS would be more complex as the different types have their own APIs.

Mark