mobileControlDo

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Wed Apr 22 07:25:01 EDT 2015

> Le 22 avr. 2015 à 10:46, David Bovill <david at viral.academy> a écrit :
>
> Hi Pierre. Thanks fir the input Mike. I'd like to get to the bottom of this
> as well.
>
> Pierre if you could post the code you are testing that would be great?
>
> I'd like to know how this sots with near-future Javascript plans. Is this
> something that is being looked at being addressed with the intended summer
> Javascript export feature?
>
> In general it would be good to have a way of regularly asking questions in
> an organised and time-limited way. A monthly 1 hour Q&A session?

+1

About my test (yet abandoned), i came to conclusion that :

1.- mobileControlDo is a command witch works perfectly to launch any kind of javascript snippets ;
2.- mobileControlDo is not intended to provide to LC any return value ;

The way to go to get back mobileControlDo javascript snippet’s calculations seems to write them to webkit’s localStorage or SessionStorage containers (supported on both iOS and Android platforms) and, from there, call them back from a device sandboxed local URL running the dedicated javascript code able to read the localStorage/sessionStorage values and let us access them in GET URL mode -> it

I did’t test this all as long as i found how to avoid to have to depend from mobileControlDo return value in my current project.

Best,

Pierre