Stacks and livecode server?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 21 11:26:00 EDT 2015

jbv wrote:

 > Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >>  Very hard to find a publisher who will pay an advance with no
 >>  opportunity for a return on that investment. :)
 >
 > crowdfunding ?

I've considered that, but most crowdfunding sites require putting
together so much media (video presentation, product and offer details,
etc.) that I could write half the book in as much time as it would take
to prep a Kickstarter campaign.

So instead I'm inclined at the moment to use crowdfunding in reverse:
foot the up-front costs myself, and allow people to donate once they
receive it and can evaluate what they feel its value is.

I may use one of the crowdfunding sites for larger things down the road,
though.

And then again, if a man can pull in $55,492 for a crowdfunded potato
salad maybe I'm overthinking this and should just dive in. :)

<http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/my-money/2014/08/13/8-crazy-kickstarter-campaigns-that-actually-got-funded>

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems