curiosities in object reference

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Apr 20 10:44:44 EDT 2015

Mike Bonner wrote:

 > I wish it was easy to work with "the styledtext" but multiple runs
 > get really convoluted. They contain the actual text though, so if
 > you're better at navigating arrays than I am, it might be possible
 > to "put the styledtext of fRef into tStyledA" then make adjustments,
 > then "set the styledtext of field fRef to tStyledA"

I've come to enjoy working with styledText arrays since I asked about
them here last year.  Very helpful for many things, but in this case I'd
use the simpler htmlText, designed as it is to provide a plain-text
representation of field contents with complete fidelity, and it works on
chunks as well as the field object as a whole.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems